Last updated: June 2016
This Privacy and Cookies Policy explains how we use your personal information.
Who has control of your personal information?
Good Night Inns is a trading name of Greene King Brewing and Retailing Limited (Registered no. 3298903) Greene King Retailing Limited (Registered No. 05265451), Spirit Pub Company (Managed) Limited, Spirit Pub Company (Trent) Limited and Spirit Pub Company (Derwent) Limited, all of which are registered at Westgate Brewery, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk IP33 1QT and members of the Greene King group of companies. These companies are data controllers and will use your personal information as described in this Policy.
How to contact us if you have any queries
We take the privacy of our customers very seriously and we are committed to protecting your personal information. If you have any questions in relation to the information we hold about you or our use of that information, please feel free to contact us at Company Secretary, Greene King, Westgate Brewery, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP33 1QT.
How do we collect your information?
We collect information about you in a number of different ways, including when you provide information on our website, in correspondence with us, by telephone and when you visit our pubs.
What information do we collect?
When you register through this website or at one of our pubs we ask for certain pieces of information. We may also collect and process information provided by you, for example, by telephone or in other correspondence. The information we collect depends on which services you use but will include the following personal data:
|Personal Data||Why we collect it|
|Title||So that we can identify you to personalise our services to you.|
|First Name||So that we can identify you to personalise our services to you.|
|Last Name||So that we can identify you to personalise our services to you.|
|Date of Birth||To make sure you are old enough to receive information from us, to allow us to personalise our services to you and for our own internal analysis and research|
|Email address||We ask for your email address so that, where you have indicated your acceptance, we can send you emails about our company and offers|
|Telephone number||We ask for your telephone number so that, where you have indicated your acceptance, we can send you SMSs/text messages about our company and offers|
|Address and post code||So, where you have indicated your acceptance, we can send you letters about our company and offers and for our own internal analysis and research|
|Your relevant Greene King property||So we can tailor our services to you and for our own internal analysis and research|
|Interests||So we can tailor our services to you and for our own internal analysis and research.|
What do we do with your personal information?
In addition to the uses described in the ‘What information do we collect?’ section above, we may also use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to respond to your enquiries. For example, if you write to us, or email or telephone us, we may use the contact details that you have provided to respond to you. We will not use these for marketing purposes unless you give us your express consent. We may retain these details on our system in relation to your enquiry;
- to provide our services to you;
- to improve and personalise our services;
- to take payments due to us;
- where you have agreed that we may do so, to send you details of our offers and promotions and other products and services that we think may be of interest to you;
- for internal analysis and research. For example, we may keep records of your date of birth, address/post code, relevant Greene King property and interests to assist us to identify market trends;
- to host, administer, improve this website.; and/or
- for other purposes clearly stated on the page or other method in which you provide your information to us.
How do we share your personal information?
We may share your personal information with third parties in the following ways:
- We may pass your personal information to other companies who are members of the Greene King group of companies for the purposes listed above. The Greene King group of companies includes Greene King Brewing and Retailing Limited, Greene King Retailing Limited, Premium Dining Restaurants and Pubs Limited, Spirit Pub Company (Managed) Limited, Spirit Pub Company (Trent) Limited and Spirit Pub Company (Derwent) Limited. A full list of the Greene King group of companies is available from the company secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org. Brands owned by members of the Greene King group of companies includes Loch Fyne Seafood and Grill, Hungry Horse, Farmhouse Inns, Flaming Grill, Chef & Brewer, John Barras, Taylor Walker, Fayre & Square, Old English Inns, Local Pubs, Flame Grill, Meet and Eat, Greene King IPA and Old Speckled Hen;
- As required by law;
- Where we need to do so in order to enforce our rights or protect our interests (for example, in order to enforce the terms of any contract that we have with you) or those of others (for example the rights and interests of other customers).
- We may pass your personal information to third parties for the prevention of crime, fraud, money laundering and for the tracing of debtors.
- As we develop our business, we might sell or buy group companies or other businesses. If we do so, this might involve transferring customer information relating to the relevant company or business to the person buying the business (who will only be permitted to use your personal information as outlined in this Privacy and Cookies Policy).
Use of your information for marketing purposes
When you provide your information, we give you the opportunity to choose to receive further information about products or services provided by the Greene King group of companies and other information which we believe may be of interest to you. You can opt out of receiving this information at any time by contacting the Company Secretary at Greene King, Westgate Brewery, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP33 1QT.
If you opt-out of receiving marketing communications we will keep a record on our system that you do not wish to receive communications from us.
You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in the personal information we hold about you. You also have the right to ask for a copy of the information held by us. As a security measure, we may require proof of your identity before we make any changes to your information or provide a copy of your information. We reserve the right to charge a small administrative charge if you ask to access your information.
Please contact the Company Secretary at Westgate Brewery, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP33 1QT if you wish to update your information, correct any inaccuracies or obtain a copy of your personal information.
A cookie is a piece of text which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree (or your browser agrees automatically if you have set it up in that way), your browser adds that text in a small file.
A cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets website operators know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We have included a full list of the cookies used on www.goodnightinns.co.uk below, along with an explanation of what each cookie is used for.
How to control and delete cookies
We know that people have concerns about cookies, but we believe that the benefit that you and we gain from their proper use is worthwhile.
You can delete the files that contain cookies – those files are stored as part of your internet browser. If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by www.goodnightinns.co.uk, or indeed any other website, or if you wish to receive notification of cookie placement requests or decline cookies completely, you can do this through your browser settings. The Help function within your browser should tell you how. Please be aware that declining or denying cookies may prevent you from being able to use the website to its highest capability.
If you would like more information about how cookies work, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to disable cookies on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile device you will need to refer to your manual.
Cookies used on the Good Night Inns website
This is a list of the main cookies set by the Good Night Inns website, and an explanation of what each is used for:
|COOKIE NAME||USED FOR||COOKIE EXPIRES||DEFINITION|
|Metrics: Google||2 years||www.goodnightinns.co.uk uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics sets a cookie in order to evaluate your use of our website and compile reports on user activity. Google stores the information collected by the cookie on servers in the United States.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
|Metrics: Google||30 mins|
|__utmz||Metrics: Google||6 months|
|Drupal.visitor.gkcd||Cookie Notification Message||1 year||[site:url] uses this cookie to log whether the cookie notification popup has been displayed, so it is not display again on for this user.|
|signupPopup||Sign up form||1 year||[site:url] uses this cookie to save a user’s preference to not be shown the Sign Up form on the homepage again.|
Changes to this Policy
We may update this Privacy and Cookies Policy from time to time to ensure that you are kept informed of how we use your personal information. We will notify you of any significant changes by flagging the updated policy on our website or by sending you an email.